Friday, June 20, 2008

Top Five Fridays: Another Hiatus

Hello loyal reader(s,)

I wanted to write a Top 5 this week, I really did. However, I was sans computer all week as it was being backed up and my system wiped with a clean install. I had some kind of corrupted Windows for four months and I finally got sick of it taking fifteen minutes to boot. As a result, I didn't have time to research things on the interwebs and write it. Next week I promise we'll be back.

In the interim, did anyone watch the U.S. Open this past weekend. Apparently Tiger was playing the entire tournament, 72 holes plus 19 playoff holes, with a torn ACL and two stress fractures. Yikes. He walked that entire way, unbelievable. After seeing the doctor three weeks ago he was told that there was no way he could/should play the Open. His response?

"I'm going to play the U.S. Open, and I'm going to win."

And he did just that. With every swing he looked like he was in serious pain, obviously he was, and occasionally he doubled over and I thought he might go down and not get up. Unreal.

I'll leave you with this question: Is Tiger Woods human? I think God may have just made him with different material than the rest of us mere mortals.

With that, I'm off. But first, here is a picture of Tiger from Monday and a gratuitous shot of his bikini model wife, Elin Nordegren.

Have a great weekend and I'll see you all on Monday!

1 Comments:

At 1:18 PM, June 23, 2008, Blogger amberance said...

By the final hole my entire office was watching it. That was crazy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home