Monday, January 30, 2006

Random update...

Training for the triathlon is officially on hold. I have yet to get any other information as to the procedure for replacing my recalled trainer and frankly, I just haven't had time lately. Things could get worse if I get the job I'm interviewing for tomorrow and next Monday in Bridgeview. Without a car, that's going to be a nice 90 minute train commute every morning and evening. Not fun.

I had a nice relaxing weekend though. I tried to post a comment to Hot Heather's blog on MySpace, but they wouldn't let me without registering, so I spent some time updating that site and getting in touch with old friends, including my Deadhead ex-girlfriend from high school, Dizzy Lizzy. You can check out that page here, or in the Miscellaneous Links on the right. Don't worry, all blogging will be done right here at Caps on Tap, so no need to change any links.

I also spent most of the day with Iowa on Sunday...first getting lunch at the Athenian Room in Lincoln Park. We heard they had pretty decent and reasonably priced greek food, but after watching Bad Boys I was in the mood for a big burger so I got that instead of a gyro. (I like the opening scene when Martin Lawrence is eating the big burger and fries in Will Smith's Porsche and they get car jacked.)

After that we went into a few stores on Halsted, breaking my goal of not spending any more money this month. She was wearing her University of Iowa hat, so, not to be outdone, we went into Campus Gear and I bought an Ohio State hat. (I don't usually wear hats, so I never had one.) Then I saw the Indians hat I've been looking for since Nash's sister bought him a Red Sox hat just like it this summer. I tried the Sox hat on once and, let me just say, no hat has ever fit me more perfectly. Now I'm out 50 clams. Dammit.

This week I'll have my Super Bowl preview, likely on Thursday, but it'll be a busy week so that may be the only post coming your way.

Quick sports report for everyone out there wondering how my teams are doing (since some of your root for the same teams...)

The Indians' trades with both Boston and Philly went through over the weekend; I will bitch a little more about this in next week's regular column.

Nash and I seem to have sparked the Miami hockey team a little bit as they have reeled off five straight and will remain no lower than #3 in the NCAA following #4 Minnesota's sweep of #2 Wisconsin.

The Chicago Bulls have won four in a row, but I haven't watched them at all since the game we went to earlier this month.

Miami basketball beat the Green Weenies from Ohio University over the weekend in Athens. This will give me more thing to rip on my soccer teammates about before our game on Wednesday night. Thanks boys. We dropped to 0-2 in our co-ed league with a 5-4 loss after battling back from down 2-0, 3-1 and 4-2 to tie it at 4 with just a few minutes to play.

The St. Louis Blues continue to suck badly, in butt-naked last place in the entire league. Terrible. In other hockey news, Mario Lemieux finally retired for good. Is it just me, or is Super Mario to hockey retirement as MJ was to basketball? Seriously. Enough.

Time for some Jimmy John's....Rack me. I'm out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home