Friday, January 13, 2006

Weekend update

I got the weekend started off right with a good Thursday. You can read about that over on the Triathlon blog. It consisted of a good ride on the trainer and then my sister's birthday party at Tai's where I didn't drink at all. Interesting, I know. She even made herself a cake with a big Chief Wahoo on it, which of course infuriated Gene, the PA announcer for the White Sox.

Today has been busy at work, but I continue to learn new things about the industry and my boss is hoping to create a new position for me here in the near future. Tonight I plan on riding some more and then I'll be going out on the town with Nash, the nurse, Iowa, and some other friends for a couple of drinks to celebrate the nurse's birthday earlier this week.

Saturday I'll be working at J. Crew on North Avenue from 10-3, so stop on by and say hello! At that point Nash and I will be heading over to South Bend, Indiana to see the #3 Miami Redhawks take on the Fighting Drunks of Notre Dame in a college hockey game.

Then on Sunday I'll be checking out some fitness clubs, after which it's back on the bike, maybe even going for a run to see what that's like following a ride. There will be good TV watching with the Steelers-Colts and Bears-Panthers games as well as the 2-hour season premiere of the best show on television "24".

THEN, Monday I'll be off work (I love working for the government) so who knows what I'll be up to. Some training for sure, another 2-hour episode of "24", but really most of the day will be free. With the exception of tonight, it'll be an alcohol free weekend, so Monday could turn out to be a pretty good day instead of my usual full day recovery session before going back to work.

I hope everyone enjoys their weekends as well.

"I'll catch you on the flip side." - Rocco, the funny man

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home