Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Hook 'em 'Horns!

Many people have asked me what my thoughts are on the National Championship game tonight between the Texas Longhorns and the USC Trojans. I don't know enough about either team to give a detailed pre-game analysis like I did for the Fiesta Bowl, but I will tell everyone to cheer loud and proud for Texas.

Didn't the 'Horns beat my Buckeyes, you ask?

Yes. Even more the reason to root for them to win. It validates our season and makes our out-playing them in week two only to have our beloved coach Jimmy T make one too many quarterback changes.

Also, they beat Michigan in last year's Rose Bowl and hammered Oklahoma earlier this fall. In my order of hatred for college football programs, those two are ranked #1 and #2 respectively, so you've gotta love that.

Why do I think they'll win? I just think they are better at special teams and defense than USC is. I have this feeling that you'll see a game eerily similar to the 2003 Fiesta Bowl when our Buckeyes upset the heavily favored #1 Hurricanes in the midst of their 30-something game winning streak. They'll win the field position battle and although they won't stop Bush and Leinart, the Horns will slow them down just enough to let their offense outscore the Trojans.

Here are some of my favorite pictures of people giving a "hook 'em horns" salute.



















Lance Armstrong














President George Bush




















Brooke Burns















And I even found a picture of the man who invented the hand-gesture, Harley Clark.

3 Comments:

At 5:37 PM, January 04, 2006, Blogger DixieBelle8681 said...

All's I gotta say is HOOK EM HORNS!!!!!!

 
At 11:26 PM, January 04, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i thought that was the "metal" sign... hmmmm...

 
At 11:27 AM, January 05, 2006, Blogger Hutch said...

Is the shocker really appropriate???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home