Tuesday, April 25, 2006

New Blog Name

Okay, so I realize that I've been absent from school a lot lately when it comes to this blog and haven't been posting much. As the season rolls along I've going to probably be limited to 1-2 posts per week once I finish settling in. Some weeks are better than others as I'm in and out of the office going to and from the stadium site and our satellite office.

Having said that, I stumbled onto our buddy Dave's blog today and noticed how I was listed in his blog roll. Now, everyone lists the blog roll differently. Some do it by their friend's names or nicknames and others (like me) like to list them by blog title. Then there are people like Dave, who just make stuff up.

The name of my blog (Cap's on Tap) came about because I've always wanted to open a sports bar and name it as such. However, Dave had me listed as "Full of Cap," which I found to be pretty funny, and, also quite accurate. So, in honor of the blog I visit most frequently (Karen's) we'll be having a name my blog contest.

Can beat the incumbent or the top candidate? If so, there will be a prize waiting. For those of you who are in the Chicago area, two tickets to the first game ever at the new Bridgeview Stadium on June 11th versus the New England Revolution. This is a public safety event and will not even be open to the public. We'll only be at about half capacity as just season ticket holders and VIPS will be allowed to enter the facility that day. For those of you who are out of town, we'll think of something. I have an autographed ball that I could pass along or possibly some other merchandise like jerseys, scarves, etc.

Let the renaming begin!

7 Comments:

At 11:45 PM, April 25, 2006, Blogger David said...

Captopolis.
Captacular.
Cap in your ass.
Bust a Cap in your ass.
Sport's Cap.
Cap-tain America

We're allowed more than one entry, right?

 
At 8:08 AM, April 26, 2006, Blogger mark said...

Hutch's Little Bitch.

 
At 9:30 AM, April 26, 2006, Blogger amberance said...

Mine were:

Salary Cap
Oh CAPtain, my CAPtain
Cap-ital Punishment
CAPers

But I vote for Mark's entry.

 
At 2:17 PM, April 26, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why not just switch up your original name a bit and call it "Tappin Cap". Kinda goes with Mark's entry. Or maybe that's what Hutch should rename his blog (If he can ever find it again).

 
At 8:22 AM, April 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOUD NOISES!

Cap's Man Bag

Kicking your ass with the funk

(I got nothing)

 
At 1:59 PM, April 27, 2006, Blogger Captain Word Sleuth said...

Can I just keep my full of cap idea!

 
At 8:25 PM, May 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I HAVE THE WINNER:

Oops, I Capped My Pants

 

Post a Comment

<< Home