Friday, February 24, 2006

We don't need no water...

...let the mother f*cker burn. Burn mother f*cker, burn.







Earlier today Hutch made mention that he was trying to book up every weekend for the entire summer. I think I have beaten him to it.

Last night I officially accepted an offer to return to the fabulous world of sports and entertainment. I will be in a senior position as a Corporate Account Executive with the Premium Seating Department of the Chicago Fire and their new stadium in Bridgeview, Illinois.

For those of you who see the obvious conflict of interest, that I used to work for one of their rivals (D.C. United,) you need not worry. I have officially dropped DCU effective immediately. Actually, that's not true. I still have a soft spot for both United and my original MLS team, the Columbus Crew, but the Fire will be in the forefront of my good wishes from now on.

How does that destroy my summer, you ask? Well, the stadium project will not be complete until June and the league opens play in April. Because of that, we will have to play our first nine games of the season on the road before playing at home on June 11th. The official home-opener is scheduled for June 25th, however, they want to make sure all the kinks in security and whatnot are cleared during the June 11th match. They will only allow season tickets holders and Bridgeview residents into that one. Throw in a couple of U.S. Open Cup matches, a game on my birthday...JULY F*CKING FOURTH...and my summer is officially shot to hell.

SOOOOO...as a result we will play a game on either Saturday or Sunday of all but four weekends from June 1st through Labor Day. That could be cut down to three if we are granted the MLS All-Star Game, which is a distinct possibility according to my new boss. That's not to say that I won't get to play this summer...most of those games are at night and only one day of the weekend. I'll still have plenty of time for, well, refereeing and playing soccer on Sundays.

It was nice knowing all of you. I'll see you just in time for Halloween.

9 Comments:

At 1:33 PM, February 25, 2006, Blogger Dana said...

Congrats, Cap!

 
At 10:57 AM, February 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new job.

I don't know where the hell I've been. I didn't even know they were building a new stadium. And I think I have driven by there at least one int eh past few months.

 
At 10:59 AM, February 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That should have read "once in the past few months". Maybe I should use the preview option before posting.

 
At 1:05 PM, February 27, 2006, Blogger Hutch said...

Yes, we're finally rid of you!!

 
At 1:25 PM, February 27, 2006, Blogger Cap said...

thank you dana and Dave....

Hutch, if that's how you feel, then no more parties with Amy's hot friends/cousins for you!

muah-ha-ha-ha!

 
At 3:43 PM, February 27, 2006, Blogger mark said...

Cap - v. cool! This a full-time, year-round gig, or what?

 
At 4:19 PM, February 27, 2006, Blogger Cap said...

Yuppers! I'm excited! I start on Monday!

 
At 10:09 AM, February 28, 2006, Blogger mark said...

Did you just say "yuppers"?

Who are you?

 
At 12:48 PM, February 28, 2006, Blogger Hutch said...

Ok, I have no choice but to retract my previous comment...

Even though it's what we all like to call *sarcasm* Cap!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home