Monday, March 27, 2006

Four more cents (since I missed a couple weeks)

1. After a great regular season, the Miami Redhawks concluded their late-season plunge on Friday. We spent nearly half the season ranked in the top five in the country, but a loss to Michigan State in the CCHA Championship Game and then a first round NCAA Tournament exit at the hands of Boston College ended our run prematurely. It was a fun ride and I can't remember ever being excited to go to Milwaukee like I was over the past couple months. Too bad I won't get to go now.

2. I won't give you too much info on the other NCAA tourney that is currently going on, mainly because you've probably already seen it. All of the #1 seeds are gone as #11 George Mason, #3 Florida, #2 UCLA and #4 LSU have made it to the final four. Clearly, I have to root for George Mason since I used to live in Washington, D.C. and since they are the major underdog. But, realistically, I think I have to hope LSU comes out over UCLA and, potentially, Florida. I have always rooted enthusiastically against teams from Florida and California and now is not the time to change that principle.

3. Some good news from the hockey world: The St. Louis Blues have finally been sold! After 10 months of cost cutting and trading away every great player that we had left (aside from Keith Tkachuk) the Laurie's finally found a group to unload them to. Dave Checketts, who owns the MLS franchise Real Salt Lake and a minor league hockey team, will take over and plans to keep the team right where they are despite rumors to the contrary. Thank God. Background on Checketts brings us this: he became the youngest person to ever run a professional sports franchise when he took over the Utah Jazz at age 28. He then managed the New York Knicks to NBA Finals appearances in 1994 and 1999 before they turned the reigns over to Isaiah Thomas, who has effectively run the team into the poop depository.

4. So Karen, "Auuuuuuudrey" was totally the mole, huh? I will admit I was a little worried, but I didn't think they could ruin that love saga before Jack dies. Okay, so Jack isn't likely to die. But their lack of showing him in the previews sure was unexpected, huh? Like I'd fall for that one!

I think I'm going to make some wrist bands that say, "WWJBD?"

Who's in?

1 Comments:

At 1:42 PM, March 29, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, season is not over yet. We'll see who the mole is.

BTW Jack Bauer totally would have got some poo-na-ney right there with Audrey if he didn't have to go save the world. AGAIN.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home