Tuesday, September 26, 2006

G-Love and Special Sauce

Two posts in two days. Surprised?

For anyone that is curious about Hutch's new GF (or whatever you want to call her) I can confirm the stories. I have been hearing about her non-stop and he keeps following me around the house going, "I think I have a girlfriend. I think she's my girlfriend." He's like a little kid sometimes.

I also met her a couple of weeks ago I must say that I was quite impressed, very cute. Kudos Hutch, don't screw it up like you always do.

As for me, I don't know what I'm doing. After Amy and I split up I haven't really thought about dating anyone seriously at all because I just don't have time for it. However, tomorrow night at our U.S. Open Cup Final I have a couple of friends attending the game. One of which, we'll call G-Love, I've had a crush on for YEARS...dating all the way back to college. Yes, I know I was completely taken in college (not always physically, but CLEARLY always mentally.) Didn't really matter though. Nothing would have happened because I wasn't too sure that G-Love actually knew my name.

G was on the women's club soccer team and was a friend of some of my good soccer friends in the Miami world. I officiated a few of the club team's games and attended many others because I was friends with some of the girls and their boyfriends. Fast forward to July when I found out that G is living in Chicago from a mutual friend who we'll call KTO.

KTO and I worked in the Athletic Department offices together when we were at Miami and she now works for the catering company that controls TOYOTA PARK. She doesn't work here, she works on NASCAR, which sounds like fun (lots of travel.) Before we moved our offices into the stadium though, we were in the same building at the top of the Mag' Mile. Anywho...KTO and I somehow brought up G-Love's name when we were hanging in the stadium club after one of our international matches this year. I told her I had the biggest crush on G in college and she immediately thought, yeah, you guys would actually work together.

KTO brought it up with G-Love and turns out, she DOES remember me. She agreed to hang out some time, but to this point, nothing has happened due to both of us having insane schedules. Then things got messed up when I found out that she started seeing some guy....though KTO assured me that it wouldn't last. So, finally, I have them coming to the game tomorrow night and even secured extra passes for them to attend the after party in the stadium club after we win the title.

She is TOTALLY my type though. 5'5", brown hair, Miami girl, athletic (runs marathons,) soccer player, she's an actuary scientist (so she may be as anal retentive as I am.) In fact, her only flaw seems to be that she is from Cincinnati, meaning I may have to put up with Bengals and Reds homerism. Can't be as bad as listening to the Gongola's though. So anyways, we'll see what happens....if nothing else, I'm glad I'll finally get to hang out with her a bit. It's like I have this idea of her built up in my head about how she's perfect for me....mainly because KTO said she was perfect for me. Now I'm sitting around waiting to hang out with her so I can find something wrong with her and let the bubble burst.

Fuck. Do I sound like Hutch right now or what?

3 Comments:

At 1:47 PM, September 26, 2006, Blogger DixieBelle8681 said...

Pussy on the Pedastal syndrome...that's all I have to say about that... ;)

 
At 3:08 PM, September 26, 2006, Blogger mark said...

Thank you for taking the words right out of my mouth when saying "do I sound like hutch right now".

Yes. Yes you do.

 
At 9:18 PM, September 26, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHO DEY!!!!!!!!!
Just getting you used to it.
:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home