Friday, July 21, 2006

Walk in the Park

I was finally given permission to use a locker room to shower at the stadium in the morning, so for the first time ever I rode to TOYOTA PARK this morning. It wasn't a very difficult ride by any means, it ended up being significantly less miles than it is to drive. I will certainly be doing this much more often to save some gas money and get a nice workout in on the way to and from work. I will have to put it up in the big ring though in order to make it more difficult.

The two biggest problems are the number of traffic lights (fewer and further between as you get further away from downtown obviously) and the terrible roads. I actually had a giant pot hole pop up out of nowhere and almost wreck me. I was able to jump the front tire but the back tire hit pretty hard. I pulled over and had to realign the back tire and adjust the sensors for the computer back into place. I also ran into a stretch of Harlem Avenue between 31st and 47th where there is no shoulder whatsoever. Needless to say, I won't be coming down that stretch again. I also got run off the road a few times by jackass truckers.

Here are my stats:
18.7 Miles
1:15:44
Avg Speed 14.8

Sadly, it was my first ride of the year, so I'm not too disappointed with the stats. I plan on cranking it up a notch on the way home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home