Wednesday, May 31, 2006

...a new car!

I know that I've been extremely delinquent in my posts recently and for that I apologize. We are moving our offices into the stadium this weekend and opening day is less than two weeks off, so things have been quite hectic.

I had a pretty relaxing weekend over Memorial Day for a change. I typically referee that weekend out in the suburbs, but the tournament directors seem to have lost my application so I didn't get assigned to anything. Honestly, I could have used the money but it was a nice break for a change.

Last week, Mean Machine Arsenal played in our State Cup match up in Bensenville. The field was big and spacious and a perfect field-turf playing surface...clearly the best field we've played on to date. Unfortunately, we got spanked by a Polish club 6-0. No matter what we did, we weren't going to beat this team as they were flat out our superior, however, I think we could have fared better than that. Our captain didn't read the tournament rules and we didn't find out until 20 minutes in that substitutions were not allowed to re-enter. In our first brush with real soccer rules, we trotted out an injured left midfielder, a slow center midfielder, and a forward that spent the entire first half playing everywhere except where he should have been. We were missing a couple players that typically start for us and we managed to put our fastest two players, myself included, on the bench to start.

We get back into action this weekend as we take on Elk Grove Arsenal, one of the top clubs in the NSSL for the past decade, this Sunday. I also have a match for The Globe Pub on Sunday as we try to right the ship after dropping a match while I was in Florida.

I have also begun the process of looking for a new car. Most of you would be happy to know that I'm not going to be getting another purple neon, but I'm sure I will get some crap over the car I am looking at. My entire life I've always wanted a Jeep Wrangler, so I'm considering it, but Hutch also has a Wrangler so I know I'm going to take some crap for it. Fortunately for me, I obviously don't care what anyone thinks or I'd have never gotten that purple neon three years ago. This one is Pewter (very masculine looking) and has a soft top, so I'll be pimping through the city this summer. I have been looking for a spare tire cover with the Miami Indian logo on it, but have been unlucky thus far. If I don't find it I may have to go with an Ohio State one instead because I refuse to put the Miami Redhawk on my car. If anyone knows where I could find one, or have it made, let me know!

14 Comments:

At 4:42 PM, May 31, 2006, Blogger Hutch said...

Cap, if you buy a Wrangler, too, you will be the new little bitch! Hahahaha!

 
At 9:29 AM, June 01, 2006, Blogger mark said...

Except he'll be the "pewter bitch". And yes, Cap, it is lame of you two to have the same car. But good hunting. Enjoy that great gas mileage.

 
At 9:44 AM, June 01, 2006, Blogger Cap said...

After conferring with Fasana, who owns a motorcycle so I don't think anyone can question his manhood, I have decided that it is not lame. For one, it's the car I've always wanted. Secondly, Hutch's is purple. Finally, do you know how much ass I will be pulling in a Wrangler in this city? I'm talking crazy, like, boy-band ass.

 
At 9:52 AM, June 01, 2006, Blogger Hutch said...

But mine has over-sized tires to offset the forced color choice. And Fasana is not the ultimate arbiter on lameness. That's more of a group dynamic that I'm sure will be back me up. And where is crazy, boy-band ass you speak of?!?!? I've seen no action in my Wrangler....

 
At 9:54 AM, June 01, 2006, Blogger Cap said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:13 AM, June 01, 2006, Blogger Cap said...

I'm going to stick with Fas on this one. I don't really care how anyone else feels since I've wanted that car since I was 16.

Also, Hutch, you'd be getting the crazy boy-band ass if you weren't so busy doing all those dudes.

You have to admit that lately I'm like Nate Dog in Regulators. Sixteen in the clip and one in the hole.

 
At 11:46 AM, June 01, 2006, Blogger amberance said...

As the resident really cool person as evidenced by my sweet new blue and pink hair, I offically deem having the same car as Hutch not lame. Ultimately, it's far less gay looking than tooling around in my MINI Cooper.

Sincerely,

your sister, the cockateil

 
At 1:25 PM, June 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lessons from Girl School:
1. ALWAYS do a guy if he drives a Jeep Wrangler.
2. The ONLY exception to rule number one is if said Wrangler is purple.

As evidenced by my hatred of wearing makeup, I failed horribly in Girl School.

 
At 2:34 PM, June 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sure, you may be cruizing around in the summertime, but have you forgotten how cold it can get in the winter??

it is a pretty friggen cool car though.

 
At 9:04 AM, June 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, I read the part about your Jeep having a "soft top" and my mind was flooded with "Hutch's little bitch" jokes.

 
At 12:52 AM, June 05, 2006, Blogger Captain Word Sleuth said...

You have peeked my curiousity as to what could have been posted here that you would have to delete it? Seriously I can not imagine how bad it would have to be to one of the Wrangler twins deleting a comment. Its kind of like the doublemint twins just not as hot. Points to consider, 900 drives a wrangler and he does not do dudes(though his is black which is more masculine). You and Hutch could give each other the wrangler wave from in your own apartment. How cute? REally though happy car hunting. Also don't listen to be since I haven't owned a car in 4 years.

 
At 12:53 PM, June 05, 2006, Blogger Cap said...

nothing wrong with it, I just deleted it instead of editing it.

I bought the Wrangler though...pictures and details to follow soon!

 
At 9:46 AM, June 07, 2006, Blogger DixieBelle8681 said...

I just realized I never chimed in on this one...congrats on the new Jeep...can't wait to see pics!

 
At 1:49 PM, June 09, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Hot Cheeks,
I just visited your site, and I noticed the comments about "how much ass" you were going to get in the city this summer. Since you're obviously gay (and flaming), I was hoping you'd send me an email (buttboy@aol.com) so we can get acquainted.
Percy
P.S. Are you a pitcher or a catcher? Or, hopefully, both!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home