Thursday, July 27, 2006

News and Notes

I realized (after the fact) that despite feeling okay, my first few rides were rather weak. I had to take a few days off due to meetings and needing my car this week, but I rode last Friday and this Monday. I plan on riding tomorrow, but we'll see. For comparrison's sake, here are all my stats:

Friday
Ride In
18.7 Miles
1:15:44
AV 14.8

Ride Home
18.22 Miles
1:22:24
AV 13.3

Monday
Ride In
18.36 Miles
1:20:10
AV 13.7

Ride Home
18.12 Miles
1:05:29
AV 16.6

On the ride back Monday afternoon I finally felt good. Plus the wind had stopped. Plus I left my towel and travel bathroom stuff at work so I had a lighter load on my back. We'll see how I feel tomorrow after a couple days off. I haven't really riden hard yet, so breaking the hour mark should be no problem within the next week or so.

In other news, I'm playing in a beach soccer tournament this weekend down at North Avenue beach. Should be a good time. We have a game on Saturday morning before we have to be at the stadium for the Fire match and then we play at least two more on Sunday afternoon. After the tourney there is also free drinks and food for us on the beach. I'm pretty excited.

I do have some bad news for all the Pi Kapps out there. Or maybe it's good news depending on how you look at it. I regret to inform you all that there is officially NO CHANCE of me making it to the 10-year at Miami. I basically have four or five big nights that I'm working on from a sponsorship/event standpoint and they are as follows:

July 22nd - Polish Night....done, thank God. We had an absolutely insane weekend here, but since my guy is one of the big-wigs in the Polish community here on the south side, I had to run point for everything

Labor Day Weekend - Kenny Chesney and Fire Game....normally reserved for Bally's lakehouse up in Coldwater, I have to be here the whole weekend. My sister is also going to be singing the national anthem at the Fire game, so if anyone ELSE isn't going to the lake, she needs help selling a few tickets so she can do it.

Sept 17th - Armed Forces Appreciation Day.....this is my big daddy. We have so much planned for this event and I'm the coordinator for it, so I'm here, all weekend, making sure the military are happy with everything.

Sept. 23rd - Hispanic Heritage Night.....I don't know how involved I'll be with this, but I'm getting a Hispanic construction association (HACIA) involved, so it could be big.

Oct. 7th - James Hardie Title Night.....One of the big sponsors I signed, James Hardie Building Products, is having their title sponsorship night this day. I'm sure those that aren't in the sports biz have no clue what that entails, but I assure you I will be busy as hell and unaccessible for the week leading up to that.

So, as you can see I'm tied up for two of the most important weekends at the end of the summer. I also had to work on my own birthday this year (July 4th V. Kansas City) for the first time in 27 years. I had to work on Amy's birthday (Club America match.) It seems the only thing I have off for is the Gongola's pig roast. We have a game that night as well, but I requested off for it. Phew. I'll probably end up going to the stadium anyways because I know of a big client that will be there that night in the suites and I need to talk with him about some things for next year, but at least I can take off whenever I want.

Alright...time for me to get some work done!

1 Comments:

At 6:40 PM, July 27, 2006, Blogger DixieBelle8681 said...

WOW! Kudos to Amber...I'd love to be there for that! Too bad I have craziness of my own to deal with down South....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home