Thursday, December 01, 2005

Format change

This morning I decided that my blog template was rather elementary and frankly, too much like my sister's. Made the change and as luck should have it, I found a scarlet and grey one! Well, red and grey anyways.

Last night, I went to one of my favorite bars with some of the boys called Finley Dunne's. If you live on the north side of Chicago and haven't been yet, I definitely recommend it. If the garlic bun on the Ryan Burger doesn't satisfy you, then ask the bartender for a "Shock and Awe."

While we ate our burgers we ran through the usual male chit-chat; poker tournaments, new year's plans, college football, beer, bitches and hoes.

In the background the TVs were all turned to the various games in the Big Ten/ACC challenge, which if you don't know, is a series of college basketball games played between schools from the two conferences. Not much of a challenge in my opinion. In the six years they've been doing this thing since 2000, the ACC has yet to lose the series to the Big Ten. A few years it has been close, including this year (6-5), and there are always a couple of good games. For the most part though, we just get our collective butts whipped.

The bright spot (for me anyways)? That's right. The Ohio State Buckeyes (3-0) took a big lead at halftime and then ran away from Virginia Tech late in the series opener en route to a 69-56 victory. BTW, does anyone remember who gave the Illini their only regular season loss a year ago? It also appears that next year we've locked down 4 of the top 30 high school recruits in the nation. I'm starting to love Thad Matta almost as much as Jim Tressel. Almost. Let's win a title first.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home