Friday, November 10, 2006

Random thoughts on a lazy Friday

I know I was getting better for awhile there, and then I completely fell back off the wagon the past two weeks. I apologize to all five of my loyal contituents.

Today would have been my mother's 58th birthday. She died of cancer in August 1992 just before the start of my 8th grade year at Roehm Middle School in Berea. November 10th and August 19th are usually the two most difficult days of the year for me and I just can't seem to focus today.

Going back to the topic of constituents...this was election week and there were some major shake ups in the House and Senate. I know many of you are very excited about the change in leadership, and despite my being a conservative guy politically, I welcome a balance of power. I believe that now our entire government can work together to straighten a few things out. I just hope that Senator McCain wins the next election because an all Democrat government will be no better than what we had before. My final thought is a sad note regarding one of the classiest and friendliest politicians out there. Jim Talent is one of the unfortunate victims of the backlash against the GOP as he lost a close race against a clearly inferior opponent. Missouri will miss him, I assure you that.

So, after my little story about the forbidden fruit a few weeks back, things actually turned around 180 degrees. We talked things out and decided to take a real shot at dating, chosing to ignore all of the other complications and just be together and see what happened. Things went very well and we got close pretty fast....maybe too fast. You see, she is as restless as the North Wind and that doesn't bode well for relationships. We decided to call it quits for good on Wednesday. Well, rather, she decided. The first song I heard on the radio on the way home that night started with these words:

I know a girl
She puts the color inside of my world
But she's just like a maze
Where all of the walls all continually change
And I've done all I can
To stand on her steps with my heart in my hands
Now I'm starting to see
Maybe it's got nothing to do with me

Fitting.

Tomorrow I'm heading up to Evanston with Hutch and Donna to catch the Ohio State - Northwestern game. Hopefully the Buckeyes can cheer me up.

1 Comments:

At 8:39 AM, November 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you made it through the last week OK and that the Bucks spanking of Northwestern cheered you up. 5 more days.

O - H
.
.
I - O

 

Post a Comment

<< Home