Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Calm before the storm

See, now that I have a working laptop, I can post once in awhile!

As I sit in the office at 6:30 on a Wednesday night, its eerily quiet. Only a handful of busy workers remain and everyone is silent at their desks, frantically meeting deadlines. Tomorrow marks the first of a four day shit storm.

Here is what my week has looked like:

Monday, June 18 - Janosik Banquet and Restaurant
7:00 Chicago Fire - Cracovia Krakow Media Dinner

Tuesday, June 19 - TOYOTA PARK
Work until pretty late, can't keep up with phone calls about Cracovia, Gold Cup, Referee Clinics, etc.

Wednesday, June 20 - TOYOTA PARK
A little more relaxed, but still insanely busy day in the office preparing for the weekend...calm before the storm.

Thursday, June 21 - Soldier Field
6:00 USA vs. Canada
9:00 Mexico vs. Guadalupe
CONCACAF Gold Cup Semifinals

Friday, June 22 - TOYOTA PARK
8:00 Chicago Fire vs. MKS Cracovia Krakow

Saturday, June 23 - Southside
My cousin's wedding rehersal and dinner

Sunday, June 24 - ALL THE F*CK OVER TOWN
8:30-12:30 Soccer game in Vernon Hills
12:30-2:00 Go home, shower, change, pick up Natalie, drive to Soldier Field
2:00-4:00 CONCACAF GOLD CUP FINAL with Natalie, Dad - hopefully USA vs. Mexico
4:00-5:30 Drive to dad's hotel, clean up, change, get to church
6:00 Wedding
7:00 Reception
12:00 Drop dead from exhaustion

On top of it all, we fired Head Coach Dave Sarachan this morning, so I've received dozens of phone calls from clients wanting to just talk and head from someone with the team. I tell them all that I'm too busy this week and to track me down in the Stadium Club on Friday Night. Friday I have about a thousand different guests that I have to entertain. I'm going to need to clone myself for sure. Here's the list, keep in mind that this doesn't include my regular full season clients:

Hutch and Donna
Temtco Steel - Party Suite, 32 guests
Industrial Machining - Rooftop party, 75 guests
DZL Vodka - Stage Suites, 32 guests
Integra Communications - our Polish Ad Agency, 12 guests
Maxum Sports Bar and Grill - 82 guests
Zibi Photo, 20 guests
Archer Express, 21 guests
Centrum Sport
Stan Sieczka - event suite, 16 guests
Ryan Hesser, 20 guests
Tom Toczydlowski, 15 guests

I'm also responsible for the anthem singer, a Highlander band and our 50/50 raffle sellers.

Christ....am I the only one working at this game? Needless to say, I'm taking Monday off and I'll be lucky if I wake up before noon. If I find time to update before then, I will...but if not, I'll see you then kids!

1 Comments:

At 3:07 PM, June 25, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saw that the Fire beat Cracovia--was the game just insane?

And US over Mexico--sweet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home