Saturday, June 09, 2007

Guess what!?

My laptop is finally fixed.

About three months after I bought the damned thing (last June) I was having problems with it running very slowly. Under warranty, I took it in to Best Buy and they told me that Windows was corrupted and that it would cost be $150 to restore it and another $100 if I wanted them to back everything up first. I said, "No."

I then took it to the IT person at TOYOTA PARK and she couldn't figure out how to fix it. I just suffered through it for about nine months until I started having problems with the LCD Display. This, I could not stand. So a couple weeks ago I took it into Best Buy to have them fix the screen. They sent it away and told me it would take 2-3 weeks. I told them specifically NOT to touch the hard drive. I said, " I know Windows is corrupted, but I want to back up my files before you restore it. Fix the screen so that I can do that, and then I'll bring it back."

So I pick up the laptop today on my way to the stadium for our match against Club Deportivo Chivas USA and when I get there, I turn it on, and what did they do? Yup. They wiped the hard drive. The good news is I didn't have to pay the $150 they were going to charge me and the thing is running VERY smoothly. The bad news is, I lost everything. Music, pictures, programs, every paper I'd ever written in college...everything. SO PISSED. I had like 5-6 thousand songs. Gone.

Anyways...the OTHER good news. I'm back! Let's see how long it takes ya'll to even notice and write some comments. I assume I lost you all since there has been no posting since the National Championship game back in January.

3 Comments:

At 11:23 AM, June 14, 2007, Blogger mark said...

I guess it didn't take very long. Funny, considering I haven't checked this thing in about two months.

 
At 3:45 PM, June 18, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best Buy totally effed me over on my computer back in med school. I don't even remember what needed to be fixed on it, but when I picked it up, the problem was repaired, but half the keyboard didn't work. So I brought it back and said, "hey, half the keyboard doesn't work" and they said "well you didn't tell us that when you dropped it off for repairs" to which I replied, "that's because it wasn't broken, you MFers". Then I kicked some computer geek ass.
Bastards still made ME pay to get that fixed. Which is why I hate Best Buy. The End.

 
At 10:31 PM, June 27, 2007, Blogger Matt said...

Best Buy is a rip off. Welcome back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home