Saturday, July 21, 2007

David who?

I don't really have much to update, but its been a couple weeks so I figured I'd say hello. Since I posted last, I have given my liver a breather, and it has thanked me.

Last Sunday my soccer team, Sting SC, won our match against Arrigo, bringing our season record to 3-5-1. We have really looked good when we're at full strength, although I looked pretty awful for the first time this season last week. I think it was probably all the cheeseburgers I've been eating and the extremely small amount of exercise I've been getting. I have had two consecutive stretchs where I've not played for two straight weeks, with just one game in between. Not good for the legs and lungs.

I'll be back in action tomorrow morning, despite the Chicago Fire's 3:00 PM match against Celtic FC from Glasgow, Scotland. Normally I'd have to be at the stadium too early on a game day, but lately I've been having less and less to do. That will all change as Polish Night, the Corporate Cup and Armed Forces Appreciation Day arrive, but in the mean time, I'll take it.

Some of you may have heard that David Beckham finally arrived in Los Angeles this week, but you probably don't know that the Chicago Fire's big superstar just got here as well. Cuauhtemoc Blanco, the start forward for Club America and the Mexican National Team got to the Windy City and put on a Fire kit for the first time in an evening practice session at TOYOTA PARK. his first match will be the Celtic game tomorrow, and I'm really looking forward to seeing what this guy can do in person.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home