Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Hey Bartender!

I ask Jobu to come, take JoeBo away from Indians. I offer him cigar, rum. He will come.

Funny, just last night I went to bed praying that Joe Borowski would feel intense physical pain and would no longer be able to pitch. Nothing serious, but enough to put him on the bench. In turn, this would make him unable to blow any more saves for my Tribe. I was fed up with him after last season, but after last night, enough was seriously enough. After a terrific start from Jake Westbrook and some tremendous relief by Perez and Betancourt, Borowski came in with a 4-3 lead in the 9th.

Final: Boston 6 - Cleveland 4.

Surprise, Surprise.

Although JoeBo had 45 saves last season, as I mentioned last week, his ERA was over 5 and he did blow 8 saves. I would love to know his percentage of saves when coming in with a one run lead. I would venture a guess that it isn't very good considering he almost always allows the first hitter to get on base. Even when he gets the save, often times a run will score.

So I got home for lunch this afternoon, and I saw the following article on espn.go.com. Did Jobu enjoy the Montecristo No. 1 and Captain Morgan Private Stock I left for him in my locker last night?

Indians' Borowski heads to DL after blowing save against Red Sox
Associated Press

Updated: April 15, 2008, 1:26 PM ET

CLEVELAND -- Indians closer Joe Borowski has been placed on the 15-day disabled list after blowing a save and giving up a two-run homer in the ninth inning to Boston's Manny Ramirez in a 6-4 loss to the Red Sox.

The club said Tuesday that Borowski, who led the AL with 45 saves last season, has a strained triceps. He had been puzzled and frustrated by a significant loss in his velocity.

The club recalled right-hander Tom Mastny from Triple-A Buffalo.

With Borowski out, Indians manager Eric Wedge will likely turn to Rafael Betancourt as his new closer. Betancourt was one of baseball's top set-up men last season. He had three saves last season and has 12 career saves.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press

1 Comments:

At 3:09 PM, April 15, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is very bad to steal Jobu's rum; is very bad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home