Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Enough Already

On the way home from work today, I was listening to ESPN Radio and the Mike Turico show. Kirk Herbstreit is a regular co-host on the show and today they opened with a brief discussion on Jose Canseco's new book. As a faithful Ohioan and college football enthusiast, I've always been a big fan of Herbie. This morning, I found myself agreeing with the man more than ever.

Enough.

Seriously people. I couldn't care less about Jose Canseco's new book. I didn't waste my time reading his first one. I didn't read the Mitchell Report. I didn't watch any of the 289 different episode's of Outside the Lines that have covered the topic. I turned off the Roger Clemens/Brian McNamee hearings with Congress after about 15 minutes. I'm just kinda over it all.

If I never again hear about the steroid use of Clemens or Barry Bonds, Mark McGwire or Rafael Palmeiro....whoever....I'd be a happy man. In the words of Kirk, "If they did it, fine, whatever. If they didn't, good for them. I just don't want to hear about it anymore. I want to be excited to watch baseball."

I think it's despicable what they players and the MLBPA did during this era of baseball. I also think it's outrageous how MLB and the owners turned their backs because they were making money like never before. But at this point, I don't want to hear it anymore. Do your jobs and clean it up.

And Jose? Go away. Seriously. In my opinion, this new book about Alex Rodriguez is just a shameless attempt for him to stay in the public eye a bit longer and make some more money. If he hates A-Rod so much, and he's known this all along, why wasn't this in the first book? I don't even like Rodriguez and here I am saying this book is total crap. I still think my favorite Canseco moment is still when a ball bounced off his head for a home run back in 1993 against my Cleveland Indians.

I suppose I'm being hypocritical by blogging about it, but I'd be willing to bet this is one of very few (if not the only) posts about steroids on this blog. With the exception of one of my favorite players being caught, you won't hear from me on the subject again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home